Chicken Pot Pasta
Chicken Pot Pie is a classic comfort food, but when prepared at home can take hours from your day. This pasta dish has all the traditional flavours, with half the preparation time
Write a review
- • 1 package Kamut penne
- • 1 tsp olive oil
- • 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- • 1 yellow onion, diced
- • 3 carrots, diced
- • 1 celery stalk, diced
- • ½ cup frozen peas
- • ½ cup frozen corn
- • 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- • 1 tsp chopped sage
- • 1 tsp chopped thyme
- • ¼ cup butter
- • ¼ cup kamut flour
- • 1 cup chicken broth
- • 1 cup half and half cream
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- • In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- • Sauté onion in olive oil, until translucent. Add garlic, celery and carrots, cook 2-3 minutes, or until garlic loses pungency. Add butter and flour, cook, stirring until lightly brown. Slowly add chicken broth followed by cream.
- • Boil 5 minutes; add chicken, peas, corn, sage and thyme. Season, to taste. Toss with Kamut penne and serve.
- • Optional: spoon into casserole dish, top with cheese and bake until golden brown and bubbly.
- For more great recipes like this, visit
- onthego.to and search kamut
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/