Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread
You can add nuts, raisins, or anything you like to this sweet treat.
Write a review
- •1 cup rolled oats
- •1 cup buttermilk
- •1/2 cup vegetable oil (made with soybeans!)
- •1 egg
- •1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- •1 cup all-purpose wheatflour
- •1 tsp baking powder
- •1/2 tsp baking soda
- •1/2 tsp salt
- 1.Mix oats with buttermilk and let the mixture stand for 30minutes.
- 2.Stir the oil, egg, and brown sugar into the oat mixture.
- 3.In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, bakingsoda, and salt; add this to the oat mixture and stir well.
- 4.Pour batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- 5.Bake at 350 degrees F for about 60 minutes, or untilcooked through
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/