MAPLE & ORANGE GLAZED BABY BACK RIBS
Write a review
- • 3 racks (about 4 lb/2 kg) of Ontario pork back ribs, cut into 4 rib pieces
- • 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger, minced
- • 2 cloves Ontario garlic, minced
- • ¼ cup (60 mL) orange juice
- • 1 Tbsp (15 mL) orange zest
- • 1 Tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- • ½ tsp (2 mL) red pepper flakes
- • ¼ cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- • ¼ cup (60 mL) Ontario maple syrup
- • ¾ cup (175 mL) beef broth
- 1 Using a fork, lift the membrane from a corner of the rib bones on the underside, and gently peel it away from the ribs and discard.
- 2 In a large food-safe plastic bag place marinade ingredients: ginger, garlic, orange juice, orange zest, balsamic, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, maple syrup and beef broth; mix well. Add ribs and turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 2–6 hours.
- 3 Pre-heat oven to 325°F/160°C. Place ribs in a single layer in a baking dish, meaty side up; pour marinade over top. Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 1 hour.
- 4 Remove ribs from oven and allow them to cool. Place in refrigerator until ready to grill. Pour liquid from marinade into a small saucepan. Reduce over medium high heat for 30–40 minutes until sauce thickens.
- 5 Pre-heat grill to medium. Remove ribs from refrigerator and brush generously with sauce before grilling. Place ribs on grill and cook until browned and heated through, about 15–20 minutes.
- 6 Cut ribs apart. Brush with more sauce if desired. Serve.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/