Balsamic Maple Glazed Tempeh
- 1 pkg tempeh, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
Getting the Marinade Ready
- In a bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup,tamari, garlic, olive oil, and thyme.
- Add the tempeh to the bowl, stir and cover.
- Let sit in the fridge for 2-24 hours, mixing occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place tempeh and sauce in a glass dish and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir around and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove tempeh cubes from sauce and set aside.
- Place remaining sauce in a pan over medium heat.
- Add arrowroot starch and stir constantly to thicken.
- Plate tempeh and scoop marinade over top as a sauce,or serve on greens or whole grain of choice.
Recipe courtesy of www.DashingDish.com
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT ONTHEGO.TO AND SEARCH GRAIN FARMERS