Piller’s Grilled Kolbassa Sandwich
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into ½ inch (1 cm) slices
- 1 chili pepper, seeded, cut in ¼” (0.5 cm) strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut in ½” (1 cm) strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, cut in ½” (1 cm) strips Sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 300g pkgs. Piller’s Extra Lean Ham Kolbassa or Piller’s Turkey Kolbassa sausage, halved lengthwise, cut on the diagonal into 4-in. / 10 cm pieces
- Cover a large rimmed baking sheet to with a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. In a large bowl toss onion and peppers with oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Mound vegetables in center of prepared baking sheet; top with Kolbassa. Place another large sheet of foil over. Fold and crimp all edges tightly to form a sealed packet.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Chill. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before continuing.
- Preheat oven to 350°F or gas grill to medium-high. Bake or transfer packet to grill and cook until onions and peppers are softened (open the packet carefully to check; steam will escape), about 25 minutes.
- If using an oven, turn on broiler. Carefully cut open packet. Broil until sausages are browned and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- If grilling, remove sausages from packet and grill until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Serve with crusty bread, mustard, and braised sauerkraut alongside.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/