20 - Minute Chili
A perfect quick and healthy meal for this busy time of year!
Write a review
- • 1 lb (500 g) lean ground pork or hot Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- • 1-28 fl oz (796 mL) can diced tomatoes with Italian spices
- • 3 Tbsp (45 mL) chili powder
- • 1-19 oz (540 mL) can kidney or black beans, rinsed
- • 1½ cups corn, frozen
- 1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook ground pork or crumbled pork sausage over medium high heat; stir occasionally.
- 2. When pork is thoroughly cooked, drain excess fat.
- 3. Add canned tomatoes (with juice), and chili powder. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4. Add beans and corn. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 5. Serve with whole wheat crusty rolls. Top with sour cream and grated cheese if desired.
- Recipe By Ontario Pork
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/