A Quick & Easy Holiday Arrangement by Exhibitor Kate Seaver of Kate’s Garden
I recently visited the shop of one of Seasons Christmas Show’s most popular exhibitors and guest presenters, Kate Seaver, a floral designer and owner of Kate’s Garden, to find out what she might be demonstrating at this year’s show. Kate quickly buzzed around her charming shop in the heart of historic Unionville, Ontario gathering some of her latest holiday decorations from her well-stocked shelves. In no time Kate had set all her supplies on a worktable and began to create one of her signature seasonal floral arrangements that the Seasons Christmas Show visitors have come to enjoy watching her demonstrate on the Main Stage and in her mini workshops at her booth.
In less than 30 minutes Kate had created a stunning artificial Amaryllis arrangement potted up in a natural birch bark container. Here are Kate’s easy step-by-step instructions so you can make one for yourself. This stunning holiday Amaryllis arrangement will last all season long in a front hall, on a side table or even look fabulous when made in duplicate to flank your front door on a covered porch.
Stop by the TORONTO STAR Stage or Kate’s Garden’s booth (#353) at this year’s Seasons Christmas Show, Nov. 22-24 to see more of Kate’s quick and easy floral creations and holiday decorations. You’ll find all the supplies you need to make this and other festive arrangements at the Kate’s Garden booth.
Photos by Karen Kirk
Arrangement by Kate’s Garden, katesgarden.ca
Seasons Christmas Show, seasonsshow.com
Kate’s Garden’s Holiday Amaryllis and Birch Bark Arrangement
*5 artificial, wired Amaryllis stalks
*2 florist foam blocks
*Sharp paring knife
*Birch bark planter in desired size (shown, 7 inches/18 cm round)
*Wide red plaid wire ribbon
, 2-3 inches wide, 1 metre
*Decorative pick (Kate used fruit)
- Trim florist foam with a sharp paring knife to fit snuggly into the planter. Use a glue gun to secure if necessary.
- Measure the Amaryllis stalks so the stalks are approximately two-thirds of the finished height. Trim if necessary with wire cutters.
- Push the 5 stalks into the centre of the florist foam, one at a time and closely together, as shown below. The stalks are wired so they should be easy to insert into the florist foam.
- Cover the florist foam with the reindeer moss and secure with greening pins.
- Tie a large bow tightly around the five stems just below the blooms.
- Nestle a decorative pick or other holiday ornaments into the moss as shown for the finishing touch to your Amaryllis arrangement.