ONTARIO PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED MUSSELS
Ridiculously addictive, these little morsels are worth the effort. Amazing things happen to prosciutto when it is grilled, adding a delicious smoky flavour to the tender mussels.
Write a review
- 60 mussels, 150 g thinly sliced Ontario prosciutto, 60 fresh basil leaves, 20 small wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- • In a large pot, add mussels and cover with
- one inch of water. Cover and bring to boil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until mussels
- are open. Discard any unopened mussels.
- • Cut prosciutto into 2” x 3” pieces (¼ of a
- package slice).
- • Place a basil leaf on each piece of
- prosciutto, then at one end place a mussel.
- Wrap prosciutto around mussel tightly.
- Thread 3 wrapped mussels on each skewer.
- • On the barbecue over medium-high heat,
- grill batches of skewers one minute on
- each side to sear and warm through.
- Serve. Makes 20 pieces.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/