Help Is Just A Phone Call Away
You leave the room for just a moment and return to find your toddler playing with an open bottle of pills. Do you know who to call for help? What if it were an adult who was unintentionally exposed to a household chemical or a friend who overdosed?
The Ontario Poison Centre (OPC) is always available to help if you think you or someone you love has been exposed to a dangerous substance. We provide assistance to people of all ages for a wide variety of exposures. OPC is a toll-free service that provides expert advice about all types of potential poisonings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Advice is provided by registered nurses, pharmacists, and physicians who have specialized training in treating the poisoned patient and drug overdoses. They are there to help you and your loved ones when you need it most.