A garden doesn’t have to be big. A visit to your local garden centre will show you that there are plenty of options to plant in your green space. If it’s your first time and/or you have limited space, maybe start by planting your favourite plant or vegetable.
Whether your outdoor space is a backyard, a community garden, a window seat or balcony — let the space be your canvas and reap all of the benefits to gardening including:
• Choose your favourite flowers, colour or your favourite plant.
MAKE NEW FRIENDS
• Spending time in your outdoor space may mean you’ll get to meet your neighbours who have a similar interest.
• Grow your own vegetables and herbs.
• It’s exercise so you’ll burn calories while gardening.
• Get a dose of Vitamin D from the sun.
• Gardening is an activity in which the whole family can participate.
• Children can learn and watch the growing cycle of the different plants.
• Everyone can pick their favourite vegetable or plant.
When creating your green space, you may decide it’s time to invest in some other home improvements. MCAP’s Home Account® and Home Account Plus are lines of credit that can help you create your own personal oasis by providing you with funds to give your home your own personal touch. Contact a mortgage broker at www.mcap.com/findabroker to see if there’s an MCAP product that is right for you