How To Avoid Water Damage In Your Home
Water and the damage it can cause is unpredictable. Severe storms, flooding, and accidental incidents can wreak havoc in a hurry. However, many water damaging events can be prevented. See below five tips on how to avoid water damage in your home.
1. Change washing machine hoses every five years. When possible, use reinforced steelbraided hoses instead of rubber.
2. Inspect cabinets under sinks for drips and larger leaks. Leaks also occur under dishwashers and refrigerators.
3. Periodically check your fridge’s ice maker. Replace the plastic hose that connects it to the water line if it’s discolored or cracked.
4. Visually check water heaters annually. Look for corrosion, leaks or a bulging tank. Have them verified by a professional every three years.
5. Keep gutters cleared to avoid overflow. Be sure downspouts direct water away from the house to prevent foundation damage or seepage into basement.
Visit us at www.STRONE.ca