All anyone wants in the summertime is the freedom to have some fun in the sun. So to make sure that happens, Banana Boat has got you covered with these six tips to keep your kids protected from the damaging rays:
1. Make sure to reapply sunscreen frequently, at least every two hours and more often if children are dipping in and out of the water. Use a sunscreen like Banana Boat SunComfort Lotion that is water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
2. Remember that children imitate their parents. If they see you putting on sunscreen before you go outside, they are more likely to cooperate when it is their turn.
3. Apply sunscreen on your kids at least 15 to 30 minutes before they race outdoors, even on a cloudy day.
4. For those sandy days at the beach, try the new Banana Boat SunComfort Lotion, a sunscreen that helps the sand brush off easily. It has a unique lightweight formula helps your kids to the sand off themselves.
5. Keep sunscreen with you at all times. The Banana Boat SunComfort line is now also available in travel size lotion and continuous spray so it’s easy to carry for those last-minute summer
6. For babies and kids, always use products designed specifically for their sensitive skin. The best lines are tear-free for quick and easy application.
7. Additional tips on sunsafety are available at www.bananaboat.ca or visit the Banana Boat Canada Facebook page.